Worldwide retail ecommerce growth 2020 is 19%
Pre-COVID19, research from May 2019, The latest ecommerce growth forecast from statistics suggests that globally ecommerce sales will increase to 16% of all sales in 2020. This is an increase of 19%. This projection shows the growth in digital buyers. Find out why and how.
How many people search on internet?
Top 7 Search Engines in the World
- Google. It’s hardly a secret that Google is by far the most popular search engine in the world. …
- Bing. Bing was released in 2009, and is actually one of the oldest search engines – its legacy comes from Live Search, Windows Live Search, and MSN Search
- Yahoo! Search
It’s believed that Google’s success came from its desire and ability to provide higher-quality results for each user. Understanding search intent and finding the most accurate and relevant websites that match each query have allowed Google to stand out from the competition. Google provides simple, better results.
Google processes over 3.5 billion searches per day (Internetlivestats, 2019). If you break this statistic down, it means that Google processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average.
How and why social media can be used for online selling or eCommerce sell?
Facebook, the largest social media platform in the world, has 2.4 billion users. Other social media platforms including Youtube and Whatsapp also have more than one billion users each. These numbers are huge – there are 7.7 billion people in the world, with at least 3.5 billion of us online.
- Facebook has 2.701 billion monthly active users.
- YouTube¹ has 2 billion monthly active users.
- WhatsApp has 2 billion monthly active users.
- Facebook Messenger¹ has 1.3 billion monthly active users.
- WeChat has 1.206 billion monthly active users.
- Instagram‘s² potential advertising reach is roughly 1.16 billion.
- TikTok has 689 million monthly active users.
What is increasing number of global buyers?
As internet access and adoption are rapidly increasing around the globe, the number of digital buyers worldwide keeps climbing every year. he number of digital buyers worldwide reached 1.5 billion. A year later, the number rose to 1.66 million and forecasters expect over 2 millions.
In 2020, the number of digital buyers is expected to be 2.05 billion. That makes 26.28% of the 7.8 billion people in the world. In other words, one out of every four people you see around you is an online shopper.
The number of online shoppers is expected to continue on its growth path and hit 2.14 billion by 2021. With an expected world population of 8 billion, that means 26.8 percent of the global population will be digital buyers – a .52 percentage point increase from 2020.
What is projected growth in all sectors?
- Larger eCommerce Portals increased by 50%
- Marketplaces increased by 29%
- Brand eCommerce increased by 16%
- Classifieds increases by 3%
- Online travel reduced to -14%
Global retail eCommerce sale growth?
Retail e-commerce sales worldwide were 2290 billion US dollars and are expected to rise to 2774 billion in 2018, according to Statista. Thus, global e-commerce sales are predicted to show 20% growth, which is a huge number for business and certainly a steady trend with no signs of decline. In 2019, retail e-commerce sales worldwide amounted to 3.53 trillion US dollars and e-retail revenues are projected to grow to 6.54 trillion US dollars in 2022. Online shopping is one of the most popular online activities worldwide.
We have been featured in DesignRush as one of the leading Digital Marketing agencies.