Features of PhoneGap
- PhoneGap is a cross-platform framework which means it can be used with different popular mobile app development platforms like iOS, Android, Blackberry, etc. This curtails the necessity to write the code again and again for different platforms, the same code is compatible across these platforms.
- Since the same code is applicable across various platforms so it reduces time, efforts and money.
- PhoneGap has a vast and growing community of members, here you can get solutions to your problems and access to other resources which indeed a great help while developing a mobile app.
- Strong back-end support helps developers to save time and resources while developing the apps, they also provide tutorials and beginners guide to help seamlessly developing the app.
- An app designed for iOS looks different in Android and the app designed for Android may look different in Blackberry and Windows. But the apps that are designed in PhoneGap will look similar in any other platform.
- The major problem developers face is that an app designed for Android looks and behaves differently on iOS, but here comes the advantage of PhoneGap, the apps that are designed on PhoneGap will look and behave similarly on any other platform.
- The app developed on Phone Gap behaves and functions as the native apps, they can tap into phone features like geolocation, accelerometer, camera, pedometer, light sensors, gyroscope, media, calendar, contacts and other sensors available on the phone
- PhoneGap is an open source and free to use platform for mobile development
Our PhoneGap/Cordova App Developers experts at NBT have extensive and vast knowledge and experience in developing award-winning apps for various popular mobile Operating systems. Hire an app expert at NBT and make your apps stand out from the rest of the pack.